BLACK FRIDAY!!! Latest Update On Senator Dino Melaye’s Recall Process, Shocks The Entire National Assembly

By Post Nigeria July 7, 2017 15:31

BLACK FRIDAY!!! Latest Update On Senator Dino Melaye’s Recall Process, Shocks The Entire National Assembly

Post-Nigeria’s findings on Friday, revealed that contrary to Senator Dino Melaye’s tweet, that the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has stopped his recall process, the reverse is the case.

The right interpretation of the court’s ruling that has sent panic into the National Assembly, is that the court refused to grant Dino Maleye’s request, to stop his recall process.

The court had ordered that ‘status quo’ be maintained, and fixed September 29, to hear the suit challenging the recall.

The confusion is the interpretation of “status quo”. The majority of opinion, is that the current process as at when Melaye approached the court, should be maintained.

This means that INEC which had started the recall process, should continue its work with regards to it.

Recall, that Melaye had on his twitter handle on Thursday night, insinuated that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had been stopped by the court, from continuing the recall process.

According to the tweet, Melaye said: “Thank You Jesus. Status quo should be maintained, says Federal High Court Abuja on the fake recall case. Yahaya Bello is a loser.’’

Immediately after Melaye’s, another tweet by Ayekooto followed, castigating Melaye for misunderstanding the court.

“For DINO Melaye to be rejoicing over a misunderstood injunction, shows that he knows he has lost the battle with the people! He’s miserable!’’ Ayekooto tweeted.

The court presided over by Justice John Tsoho, actually rejected Melaye’s motion for a temporary injunction, restraining INEC from proceeding with the recall process, until the determination of suit challenging his recall.

The Judge, ordered parties in the case to “maintain status quo, pending the hearing of the motion on notice.

The Judge also, adjourned till September 29, for the hearing of Melaye’s motion on notice and applications filed by three individuals, led by Chief Cornelius Olowo, who applied to be made parties in the suit.

In the main suit, Melaye faulted the recall process, saying it was tainted with political malice, and initiated by his political enemies.

Who do you want as Nigeria's 2019 President???

View Results

How I TOTALLY Got Rid Of my POT BELLY, excess Fat, and Overweight, In just 2 weeks…

Click HERE for Details