Sick Buhari Breaks Jonathan’s World Record Once Again, Secures The Release Of The Remaining Chibok Girls

By Post Nigeria May 7, 2017 07:09

Sick Buhari Breaks Jonathan’s World Record Once Again, Secures The Release Of The Remaining Chibok Girls

The Presidency, on Sunday morning, has said it has negotiated the release of 82 of the more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls, kidnapped by Boko Haram Islamists more than three years ago, securing their freedom in a prisoner swap deal.

The Presidency announced that months of talks with the Jihadists had “yielded results”, just over six months after 21 of their classmates were freed with the help of international mediators.

“Today, 82 more Chibok girls were released”, it said on Saturday night

“After lengthy negotiations, our security agencies have taken back these girls, in exchange for some Boko Haram suspects held by the authorities.”

No details were given about how many suspects were released, or their identities.

The girls were to be taken to Abuja on Saturday night to meet President Muhammadu Buhari, the Presidency said, thanking the security agencies, the Swiss Government and the International Committee of the Red Cross, ICRC.

“The president has repeatedly expressed his total commitment towards ensuring the safe return of the Chibok girls, and all other Boko Haram captives”, it added.

Shehu Sani, a Nigerian Senator, who has been involved in previous negotiations with Boko Haram, revealed that the girls were mostly “in good condition”.

The talks lasted for “almost three to four months”, and had initially discussed the release of 50 girls, but the number was later increased, he said.

“The government would now look to securing the release of the remaining hostages”, he added.

Recall, that Boko Haram fighters stormed the Government Girls Secondary School in the remote town of Chibok, on the evening of April 14, 2014, and kidnapped 276 teenage girls, who were preparing to sit for their high school exams.

Fifty seven managed to escape in the hours that followed, but the remaining 219 were held by the group.

Boko Haram has used kidnapping as a weapon of war, seizing thousands of women and children, including the Chibok girls, and forcibly recruiting young men and boys into their ranks.

The release of the 21 girls in October last year, followed talks between Boko Haram and the Nigerian government, brokered by the ICRC and the Swiss Government.

Who do you want as Nigeria's 2019 President???

View Results

Three other girls have also been found. The first had a baby, and was accompanied by a man she said was her husband, but the military said was a Boko Haram suspect.

Also, Boko Haram’s Shekau had previously said the girls would be released, if the militant fighters held in the Nigerian government’s custody, were freed.

 

HOW I TOTALLY GOT RID OF MY POT BELLY, EXCESS FAT AND OVERWEIGHT IN JUST 2 WEEKS…CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS….