ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I Will No Longer Be Used As A Scapegoat By Buhari’s Administration – Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Explodes

By Post Nigeria October 14, 2017 18:32

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I Will No Longer Be Used As A Scapegoat By Buhari’s Administration – Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Explodes

Former President, Goodluck Jonathan, has said that the House of Representatives cannot probe him over the corruption scandal rocking the Aso Rock Clinic.

Jonathan who noted this in a statement signed by his Media Aide, Mr Ikechukwu Eze, in Abuja, on Saturday, said there was no way his administration would be included in the expected probe of allocations to the Clinic.

The statement reads: “The House of Representatives resolved on Thursday, 12th October 2015, to probe 2015-2017 allocations to Aso Rock Clinic, and some media reports are needlessly dragging the name of former President, Goodluck Jonathan, into it.

“We had thought that the media should be the first to remind Nigerians that since Jonathan left office on May 29, 2015, he had absolutely nothing to do with the implementation of the budget for that year.

“For emphasis, the 2015 Appropriation Bill which was passed by the Parliament in April, was signed into law in May 2015.

“And since the procurement process based on the new procurement law, takes at least three months to complete, there was no way Jonathan would have had anything to do with the budget implementation for 2015, before vacating Aso Rock Villa, on May 29, 2015.”

Eze stated further, that going by the way some people make insinuations on issues that bordered on the development in the country, it would appear as if Jonathan had been in office since independence, and probably still ruling.

“We expect media houses to always do proper investigations, to avoid the convenient choice of always using Jonathan as the scapegoat for the misdeeds of others”, he added.

 

Who do you want as Nigeria's 2019 President???

View Results