Jonathan Has No Hand in Insurgency- FCT Minister

By Post Nigeria December 29, 2014 15:22

Jonathan Has No Hand in Insurgency- FCT Minister

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed, has cleared the air by exonerating President Goodluck Jonathan from the series of bombings that have rocked the country, stating that the President has no hand in it.

Daily Trust reports that the Minister made this known in Bauchi on Sunday, when he led a Federal Government delegation to the central Market, where there was an explosion last week Monday.

Senator Muhammed debunked the insinuations from different quarters which claimed that the Jonathan administration was responsible for the recent wave of bombings.

The Minister while speaking said, “I seize this opportunity to dissuade some of the insinuations and lies that are being said that the Federal Government has a hand in some of these insurgent bombings. It is unheard of. It is unfair for anybody to use the blood of people to play politics. Cheap popularity that can be achieved using mischief and treachery is not good.

“Certainly, we are not going to join issues. The Federal Government is a beneficiary of the people because you have voted for us and you will continue to vote for us.

“Mr. President has shown synergy, as seen during the Christmas celebrations, which were incident free and during Sallah. This peace will continue to be sustained.

The minister made a donation of N20 million to assist traders who were affected by last week’s explosion in Bauchi Central Market.

He further used the medium to call on all Nigerians to shun all forms of sentiment that were being expressed in order to avoid what occurred in 2011 in Bauchi State where so many people died, including corps members during the post election violence.

He said “It was all the working of those mischievous people who are selling information that are not true. Certainly Mr. President bears with you and I bear with you as your representative in Nigeria to make sure that we give you the kind of solace and encouragement of assistance whenever it is required.”

The Minister, along with the Director General of NEMA, Dr. Mohammed Sani Sidi, visited the Emir of Bauchi, Alhaji Rilwanu Suleiman Adamu in his palace, he used the medium to condole with the traditional ruler and his subjects over the sad incident.

Mr. Muhammed promised the people that he would mobilize support for the reconstruction of the damaged market and reimburse the affected traders and victims.

Reacting to the kind gesture of the Minister, the Emir applauded the FG for identifying with the people in this trying period, stating that what happened was destined by God.

During prayers for such incident not to repeat itself, the Emir called on the people, to be security conscious and vigilant.

The NEMA DG, who spoke to newsmen at the Abubarkar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, said that the Federal government will donate essential items such as drugs and consumables for the treatment of victims of the blast who were receiving treatment in the hospital.