SHOCKING!!! 10 Suitcases Allegedly Containing Billions Of Stolen Money, Discovered In Former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Bedroom

By Amako Nneji March 2, 2018 22:27

SHOCKING!!! 10 Suitcases Allegedly Containing Billions Of Stolen Money, Discovered In Former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Bedroom

An Investigator with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Orji Chukwuma, on Friday, told a Federal High Court in Lagos, of how former President, Goodluck Jonathan, instructed his former Special Adviser on Domestic Affairs, Waripamo-Owei Dudafa, to receive 10 suitcases from his ADC and to keep same in the Presidential bedroom.

Dudafa is being tried alongside his one-time Account Officer in Heritage Bank, Joseph Iwuejo, by the EFCC.

They were arraigned last year on 23-counts bordering on conspiracy and money laundering.

The EFCC alleged that they used various companies to launder various sums of money, running into about N5.1 billion, between June 2013 and June 2015.

The Commission claimed that the money emanated from the office of the National Security Adviser, NSA, then, under the watch of Col. Sambo Dasuki.

The companies allegedly used by the defendants were listed as Seagate Property Development & Investment Limited; Avalon Global Property Development Company Limited; Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited; and Rotate Interlink Services Limited; Ibejige Services Limited; DeJakes Fast Food & Restaurant Nigeria Limited; and Ebiwise Resources.

The offence contravenes Section 18 (a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) (Amendment) Act, 2012, and punishable under Section 17 (a) of the same Act.

Testifying during cross-examination while being led by Ige Ashimudara, (Lawyer to the second defendant), before Justice Mohammed Idris, yesterday, Orji Chukwuma said that the defendant wrote a statement where he stated how former President, Goodluck Jonathan, called him and instructed that he should receive the 10 suitcases from the ADC.

The 10 suitcases according to him, contained hard currency that the CBN was directed to release. EFCC Prosecutor, Idris Abdullahim Mohammed, also sought to tender a document to that effect.

“Sometimes in 2014, I was called by the President, he instructed that I should wait for the ADC who handed over to me 10 bags as directed by the President. I received the 10 bags and dropped it in the inner room”, part of the statement read.

The case has been adjourned till 16th March, for continuation of hearing.

The defendants, however, have pleaded not guilty to the charges.

 

2019 Presidential Election!!! Who Are You Voting For???

View Results

#SPONSORED!!!